Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

If You Think About it It's Pretty Amazing, Huh?

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the end soy the world. - Psalam 19:1-4

   Today has been quite eventful. To begin, I am working on a few hours of sleep and I've been peddling behind a four year old with more personality than Dick Vitale during a NCAA championship game.
   As my day with this insanely hilarious and charming four year old comes to an end I have been humbled by my God. I decided to dive right into a new read titled, "Crazy Love" By Francis Chan. I have heard ravishing reviews about the book, but until today hadn't made an opportunity to purchase it. The first chapter titled, "Stop Praying" begins with a jaw-dropping, eye-opening, heart-wrenching break down of how awesome and intricate my God is! An excerpt from Chan's book goes bit by by and detail by detail of God's creation. 
"Have you ever thought about how diverse and creative God is? He didn't have to make hundreds of different kinds of bananas, but He did. He didn't have to put 3,000 different species of trees within one square mile in the Amazon jungle, but He did. God didn't have to create so many kinds of laughter. THink about the different sounds of your friends laugh--wheezes, snorts, silent, loud, obnoxious." (Crazy Love, Francis Chan, Page 28)
   If you are one that's not merely fascinated by words, Chan offers a link to a youtube video titled, "Awe Factor". I encourage you to take the 3 minutes needed to be awed and humbled by God. Did you click the link? How do you feel? Well Chan took the words right out of my mouth when he said many of you would feel like, "Who do I think I am?" Little Carmen, in all her awesomeness and retro cool factor, who do I really think I am. I can not even begin to compare to God. Disclaimer: I never thought I could compare, but you get my drift. 
   As I sat the book down to meditate and reflect on all that I had read, I was reminded of my four year old friend. She sat intrigued with a 13-inch MacBook Screen in her lap, as she giggled and quoted every line from, "Dr. Seuss: Horton Hears A Who". Let me give you a quick synopsis of the movie. A gigantic elephant realizes that there are little who-people living in a flower, a tiny flower, with their own lives. To them their life seems so big, but there is someone greater who watches over them, the gigantic elephant. Their seemingly big life is only a "tiny speck" in the eyesight of the elephant. Irony or does God just have the best timing and an amazing sense of humor? My little friend "just so happens" to be watching a movie about a big elephant who controls the Who's tiny speck of a life, and I on the other hand just began reading about MY Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, who controls my tiny speck of a life.
I'll let that just sink in! If you think about it it's pretty amazing, huh?
   So now that we know the magnitude of our God, lets ask ourselves, are we truly allowing the author and finisher of our being to control our tiny speck of life or are we trying to play God? So here's my charge to you -- Stop trying to control every little a"spec"t of your life. Give your all to Him. Surrender to Him. He created you, surely He can control your situation!

Peace, Love and Christ,
Carmen

P.S. The movie ends with Mayor Who professing to all the who-peopple that the giant elephant is real and wants nothing more than for the every who-person to be SAFE ---I think Mayor Who meant to say he wants them to be SAVED. Lol.

Twitter | @carmenellis_
Instagram | @carmenellis_
Youtube | TheCarmeey

No comments:

Post a Comment