Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

From New Friend to BFFs!

When was the last time you need a friend for lunch, and no one was free? When was the last time you were feeling down, and needed a good pick-me-up? When was the last time you wanted to catch a movie, but everyone was busy? What about the last time you needed someone to hit up the gym with to be your motivation? Well have I got news for you! I think I may have the perfect person for you! He's in the business of making new friends, despite what Drake says, He wants "New Friends"! Are you interested? How about this, I'll give you a quick run down of His qualifications and you let me know if you're interested, better yet you can call Him yourself. So here goes:

He knows every detail about you -- even the numbers of hairs on your head. (Matthew 10:30)
He is totally reliable. Better yet He will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
He is always by your side. He can fight to if it comes down to it. (Psalm 188:6; Isaiah 54:17)
He is always fair and justice. He won't ever lie to you or lead you astray. (Numbers 23:19)
He is big on self esteem, and is always there to remind you of your beauty. (Psalm 139:14)
He will never break your heart or lead you astray. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
He will always welcome you into His home with open arms. (Ephesians 2:19)
He calls you friend -- to everyone. (John 15:15)
He died just for YOU! (John 3:16)

Are you down for a new friend, a best friend? 
The thing is there won't be any awkward moments in this new found friendship. He already knows every detail about you. You may not know Him that well, but He knows you and He loves you in spite of you. Despite your short comings and despite how much wrong you've done -- He still loves you and loved you first. He is the reason we can love. (1 John 4:19). He will forever be with you. He will listen to you when you need to pour out your heart and just vent. He will talk with you. He will lead you and direct you. He will give you peace. He will provide for you. He will forgive you. He will be your shelter and protection. He will always love you. He is so awesome in so many ways. I want to tell you more about Him, but it's tough, I'm running out of ways to describe Him. 

Now I can say that I've tried Him for myself and He's proven to be the best. We have dinner together - I thank Him tell Him about my day and I feel so relieved afterwards. We go to the park together -- As I admire His work and His word, He feeds me spiritual. We work out together -- I run and talk and He listens. Quite a few times I've just cried out to Him, and He has handled my every need. There are a many times when I'm not the best of a friend to Him -- sometimes I forget to reach out to Him. There are other times when I just get in the way of our friendship progressing. Yet, He still loves me, and forgives me! I haven't found a love like His yet!

I think you should give Him a try. 
Where are my manners? I didn't mention His name -- just call Him JESUS!

peace, love, Christ!
Carmen

Twitter | @carmenellis_
Instagram | @carmenellis_




No comments:

Post a Comment